Over the course of the quarter, I have spent time reading and writing about money. I hope that these posts have evoked a sense of getting your finances in order or served as a reminder of why you deserve financial freedom. Today, I conclude the #MoneyCrushMonday series. This is a quick summary of everything I’ve touched on so far.
- Want to make more money? Check your thoughts and attitudes towards money. You attract what you think. If you want more, think abundance and look for opportunities to create abundance.
- Great wealth takes times. There’s no rush. Build it steadily and patiently.
- You’re not too young to invest. Start now.
- Savings is not meant for a selected few. It is not dependent on income. Form the habit of setting aside a little portion of your income.
- Increase in income does not equate to wealth. If you spend all the money you earn you will not gather wealth.
- Before you invest in any area, seek knowledge. Research on the space, ask questions and be aware of the risks involved.
- Diversify your investments. You never know which one will bring you the most returns.
- Treat your savings like your recurring utility bill. Pay yourself first.
- Being frugal means spending on things which matter to you and not being miserly.
- Have multiple streams of income – active income from your job and side hustle, and passive income from ventures which do not require your involvement all the time.
- Review your finances. Know where your money goes. It is only fair you know how you spend the money you work hard for.
- Give. Give your time. Give your money. Give to people who need your help. Look around you. There are so many of them.
Let me know your personal takeaways. I will love to hear them. In the meantime, take charge of your finances. You’ve got this!
Also published on Medium.